Banking and Finance Lawyers Liverpool and London
The relationship with your bank and how you finance your business is one of the most fundamental decision you can make in business.
Ensuring that any proposed funding arrangements meet your commercial requirements, as well as being legally sound, is paramount to your future success.
Here at GAD Commercial, we have significant experience on many banking and finance matters, including:
- Corporate Lending and Refinancing
- Acquisition Finance
- Asset-based Lending Facilities
- Debt Capital Markets
- Trade Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Construction and Development Finance
- Subordinated Debt and Inter-creditor Arrangements
We act on behalf of Borrowers, offering advice and assistance on the terms of facilities being offered and the security documentation to be entered into.
We are also experienced in acting for Lenders, whether high street banks, challenger banks, major financial institutions, specialist boutiques or even private lenders in connection with lending arrangements and security.
We are also able to act in connection with the acquisition of real estate investment opportunities, ranging from retail, office, logistics, pharmaceutical and student and social housing schemes.
We regularly advise on negotiating the key aspects involved in a financing, such as:
- Due diligence on the parties involved
- Regulatory compliance checks
- Negotiating terms and recording transactions
- Advising on structured financial solutions
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
Working as part of a professional team, alongside in house CFOs, accountants, and corporate finance advisers to ensure that the process is seamless, our valued cross-sector expertise sees us advise on Debt capital, Private equity and venture capital, Asset-based lending, Acquisition finance, Property finance, Project finance, Securitisation, Joint ventures, Corporate debt and equity restructuring.
Our Corporate Finance Lawyers work closely with the firm’s commercial real estate team in relation to advising Lenders, including banks and financial institutions, on financing the acquisition of assets or working capital facilities; enabling a comprehensive insight into how lenders operate.
Real Estate Finance
When property is used as security, it is essential that the parties are able to quickly identify any potential issues with the title of the property so that any problems can be dealt with and resolved, enabling a Report on Title to be produced, issued and agreed swiftly and efficiently.
However, it is often the case that simply reciting the legal position is not enough – being able to understand the commercial aspects of the transaction as a whole is key to seeing transactions finalised on time and on budget.
Where property is to be developed utilising funding, it adds significant complexity to the funding arrangements. Any Lender will want to have approval of all construction documents, from the building contract (typically a JCT) through to any warranties and collateral warranties being offered.
Contact our Banking and Finance Lawyers in Liverpool and London today
- Examples of our recent work include:Acting on the acquisition of a development site and construction finance for c£15m
- Acting on bridging finance facilities for acquisition of a city centre ‘tower’ scheme with a GDV of £c39m
- Advising a client company, a leader in low carbon, energy efficiency and fuel poverty services on the sale of a significant minority stake to a PE fund manager which includes financing to enable client to scale its services quickly and deliver more social impact to fuel poor and vulnerable households across the UK.
- Acting on behalf of Primary Lender in connection with facilities offered on an Management Buy Out (MBO) of a Children’s Nursery for c£2.1m
- Acting on behalf of Private Bank in connection with acquisition of residential property for c£3,5m
- Acting on behalf of a borrower in connection with the acquisition of a residential tower block for redevelopment/refurbishment with a GDV of c£8m
- Acting on behalf of a fast-growing Social Housing company on various North West social housing schemes.
- Acting on behalf of a Student residence operator in connection with acquisition finance and disposals of its portfolio.
- Advising ING Bank on all UK security matters relating to its Trade Commodity Finance Wholesale Banking business.
- On Panels for many major banks in connection with mortgages on residential properties