Cycling Accident Claims Lawyers Liverpool & North West London
As a vulnerable road user, cyclists involved in road traffic accidents can suffer life-changing injuries, impacting their life and the lives of their loved ones. If you have been injured while cycling as a result of an accident involving another road user or because of poorly maintained roads, for leisure or for work such as delivery drivers e.g. Deliveroo & Just Eat, you may be entitled to claim compensation for injuries and other losses.
Can I make a cycling accident claim?
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence and within the last three years, then you may be entitled to make a compensation claim.
If you believe that someone else's negligence has caused your injuries, whatever the nature of the accident, we can assess your case and advise whether you can bring a claim for personal injury and losses against them.
What can I claim for?
A claim for personal injury will include damages for injury and for any losses sustained as a result of the accident. These can include:
- Repair costs if your bike is damaged or damaged beyond repair, compensation equivalent to the bike's value before the accident.
- Replacement accessories and cycling kit.
- Loss of earnings.
- Alternative transport costs.
- Dental and medical treatment.
What should I do if I have been involved in a cycling accident?
If you are well enough following the accident, there are steps you can take to strengthen any potential claim:
- If you can, move to safety and report the accident to the police and call an ambulance if the incident is serious.
- You should obtain insurance details if the accident involved another road user.
- Take photographs at the scene (if you are fit enough to do so), particularly if the accident concerns a road surface.
- Collect the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can. Sometimes your injuries might not be immediately apparent and can develop over time.
We understand that being involved in a cycling accident can be frightening. The effects and injuries sustained can be life-altering, which is why our specialist personal injury solicitors are here to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Can I claim if I don't have insurance?
There is no legal requirement for a cyclist to be insured, and you will not be prevented from making a claim if you don't have insurance.
Will bringing a claim be expensive?
We will carefully assess the accident and advise whether you have a potential claim against the other party. If we consider that you do, our personal injury solicitors may be able to work on a No Win No Fee basis, which means that you will not have to pay our legal fees if you don't win your case. Our team can discuss this with you when you contact us.
Contact our Cycling Accident Claims Solicitors in Liverpool & North West London Today