Services for individuals
The medical negligence team at Gregory Abrams Davidson Solicitors have represented many bereaved parents and we are therefore, sadly, very experienced in dealing with these tragic cases.
Whilst the majority of post mortems are inconclusive with no known cause of death being found, some known causes of stillbirth and neonatal death are as follows:
- Congenital Malformation
- Maternal health problems such as Pre-Eclampsia or Gestational Diabetes
- Incompetent Cervix
- Placenta and Umbilical chord (Placental Insufficiency, Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome, Placental Abruption, True Umbilical Chord Knots
- Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR)
- Meconium Aspiration
- Premature Rupture of Membranes (PROM)
We acknowledge that some stillbirth and neonatal deaths cannot be avoided but many are sadly caused as a direct result of medical negligence.
According to our experience, we believe that the majority of these cases are caused by the mismanagement of labour, in particular:
- A failure to carry out or properly interpret a CTG, or,
- Delay or failure to perform an emergency c-section.
Amy Bennett, Solicitor, is very passionate about assisting bereaved parents who have experienced the devastating loss of a stillbirth or neonatal death. Following the stillbirth of her eldest daughter, Arella, on 30 June 2012, she has created a specialist website.
Please see www.stillbirthclaims.co.uk for more information.
If you or a family member or friend would like free advice on a potential claim involving Stillbirth or Neonatal Death, please contact us on 0151 733 3353/ 0208 209 0166. Alternatively, you can e-mail us at email@example.com or fill out our online contact form and we will contact you directly or visit www.stillbirthclaims.com.
Please contact a member of our team: