After joining the firm in 1995, Lisa qualified as a Solicitor in 2004 and became a Partner in 2007 and was made Head of the Clinical Negligence Department in 2012.
During Lisa’s time at University, she was awarded the Sweet & Maxwell Prize and the Bob Fletcher Law Prize for achieving the best overall results in her year and also achieving the best results in Contract and Tort.
Initially, Lisa worked within the Personal Injury Department where she gained experience of running high value and complex accident cases.
Since joining the Clinical Negligence Team, Lisa has predominately dealt with cases involving injuries from the medium to the maximum severity in nature.
Lisa is currently overseeing hundreds of hip implant claims following the recall of a metal hip prosthesis. The claims have provoked much media interest as it is thought that as many as 10,000 people in the UK have received one of the recalled implants. The metal hip prosthesis that has been recalled has left many clients in severe pain and disability. Lisa was invited to appear on Granada Reports to comment on the litigation.
Following her appearance on Granada Reports the Series Director of BBC 1 Inside Out programme approached Lisa with a view to featuring on the North West version of the programme.
Lisa has also provided expert written comment for a number of press releases: see our "news section" for more information.
Recently, also spoke at a Metal on Metal Hip Conference organised and hosted by Gregory Abrams Davidson alongside Professor Peter Kay, president of the British Orthopaedic Association and past Vice President of the British Hip Society. Professor Kay was able to offer medical advice and answer questions from concerned patients, together with barrister Chris Barnes. The conference was extremely well attended by clients from across the UK.
Lisa has particular experience in respect of:
- Obstetrics (including premature births, cerebral palsy and incontinence);
- Fatal Infant and Stillbirth Cases;
- Cerebral Palsy arising from Birth and Neonatal Mismanagement;
- Injuries sustained as a result of Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer;
- Orthopaedic Surgery (including failed hip and knee replacements);
- Gynaecological injuries;
- Management of Pressure Sores;
- Dental and Orthodontic Treatment
Admissions and Accreditations
- Lisa has been an active member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) since 2003 and has been accredited the title of Senior Litigator.
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of Liverpool Law Society